Sunday, 29 May 2011

RSS Feeds - Task 15

Ok, so here goes. I have been using RSS feeds since I signed up to one about technology and students with specific learning needs earlier this year. I was using it (receiving a whole gamut of information) without really knowing what it was or how it was working. I now understand that RSS feeds bring the information you want to you, rather than you having to spend time searching for it. I have enjoyed receiving the RSS feeds, but must admit that I don't always have the time to read them. I find I receive so many emails a day that I tend to pick and choose which ones i have time to open and leave the others for 'later' (whenever that may be). I have two email accounts, a work one and a personal one and my friends are always amazed at the amount of unread emails I have. For me right now, until i can sort out my email dilemmas, RSS might just be another clogger for my inbox. I can see how RSS would benefit students with research projects with up to date information.

No comments:

Post a Comment